Start packing your bags to the gorgeous destination of Rishikesh where you will get everything you want or you would dream of. Massive Mountains, Rugged River, Soothing Greenery, Stunning Views, coated with the spiritual atmosphere; this is what you actually found in Rishikesh. The awe-inspiring wonders of the city will definitely attract you to the fullest.
Located in the Dev Nagari, Uttarakhand; Rishikesh is a small city filled with positivity and beauty. There are many attractions in the city which will gear up your mood for sure, be it’s about spirituality, adventures, meditation, peace or beauty; Rishikesh tops in all. Once you visit the place, you will feel the everlasting beauty of it.
Every traveler should experience and replete in the colors of the city. The best part about Rishikesh is, no matter what your age group is, No matter what your interest is; you will be comfortable here in the city. It’s like, the city is made for all. Feel the breeze of the sacred Indian River, Ganges and get mesmerised with the attractive Maa Ganga Aarti, performed at the famous places or Ghats like “Parmarth Niketan”,“Triveni Ghat” & “Shatrughan Ghat”.
The city might be small but you will get every item here, that is, the place is also best for shopping, especially for spiritual items, handicrafts, wooden items, antique items and so on. Talking about the taste buds, then the food of the city will definitely satiate your tongue and give you a foodaholic feeling for sure.
Summarizing, we just have to say that; Rishikesh has everything you need!
History of Rishikesh
There are several mythological stories associated with this place. The place is also named as “Kubjamrak” in the Skanda Purana. Some of the mythological stories related to Rishikesh:
- Once a saint, Raibya Rishi did severe penance here and so God Vishnu appeared in the form of “Hrishikesh”, from then the place was referred as “Hrishikesh”, which later becomes “Rishikesh”.
- Some legends state that Lord Rama did penance here before killing Ravana; and his younger brother, Lakshmana crossed the river Ganges using a jute rope bridge, which is now known as “Lakshman Jhula”. The bridge was replaced by an iron suspension bridge.
- The place also witnesses God Vishnu killing the mighty demon “Madhu”.
- It is also mentioned that Lord Agni did penance of Lord Shiva here.
- Lord Shiva consumed poison, which was obtained during the churning of oceans, due to which his throat turns blue and from then, he was known as Neelkanth. The famous temple in Rishikesh, “Neelkanth Mahadev” is the same site where Shiva consumed the poison.
- However, Rishikesh becomes the noted place after the visit of Adi Shankaracharya at about 9 century AD. He also built the famous Bharat Mandir here.
Various rulers ruled the place like Kunind, Shak Kings, Naga Kings, Vatsraj, Ajaypal, Gorkha Rulers and so. The place also came in limelight after the visit of the famous “The Beatles” in the 1960s.
There are many historical temples and points in Rishikesh like Neelkanth Mahadev Mandir, Bharat Mandir, Kunjapuri Temple, Triveni Ghat, and so on.
Why Rishikesh for Yoga?
Rishikesh, also known as “Yoga Capital of the World” is certainly the best place if you are a yoga lover. Stretching, Relaxing and Rejuvenating in a tranquil and peaceful environment is definitely what you need for fine yoga practice, That’s why Rishikesh is considered the best place for yoga and other spiritual and mindfulness activities.
Yoga needs a positive atmosphere and a remote environment and surely the city of Rishikesh will offer you this, and to the bonus, Spirituality added a special point in your yoga workbook. That is the reason, Rishikesh is the best place to study and practice the divinity of yoga.
Here are some of the reasons, you should opt Yoga Teacher Training Courses or Programs in Rishikesh:
- Location: Rishikesh is located on the banks on the River Ganga and surrounded by the stunning Himalayan Peaks. The running river is the best part, you should go with Rishikesh for your next yoga program. Moreover, the spirituality in the air of Rishikesh is another reason to go with this place for yoga.
- Yoga from its Roots: Practicing yoga in Rishikesh means to practice the true and real yoga from its roots. The city is the birthplace fo yoga and so holds the roots of it. So, get ready to experience real yogic life.
- Professional Yog-Gurus: Yoga teachers of Rishikesh holds years of working knowledge and professional experience in their respective fields. That means you’ll gain true knowledge from real yoga teachers.
These are just few reasons, there are many more reasons to opt Rishikesh as the new Yoga Destination!